Madeleine Shaw's Banana Breakie Bites
Don't be fooled by their name, these banana bites are certainly not just for breakfast. Gluten-free, sugar-free and absolutely scrumptious they're selling like hotcakes in the cafe, with both children and adults alike. We're always on the lookout for healthy treats that actually taste good, and we like them even more when they're easy to make and don't contain lots of expensive, unusual ingredients. These fit the bill perfectly; they contain simple, wholesome ingredients and are sweetened with natural products, not sugar. Below we've shared the recipe, just in case you'd like to make them at home.
Makes: 14 bites
300g of ground almonds
100g of butter
2 tbsp of honey
100g of whole milk or full-fat yogurt
2 tbsp coconut oil
1. Set oven to 180°C.
2. In a food processor blend the ground almonds, 1 banana (just the fruit) butter, eggs and honey.
3. Slowly add in the milk or yogurt to the food processor, when it is fully mixed turn the food processor off.
4. Slice the other banana into slithers.
5. Grease a baking tray with coconut oil and evenly spoon in the cake mixture.
6. Place the sliced banana on top, creating whatever pattern you desire.
7. Place in the oven and bake for 10 – 12 minutes.
Original recipe found here.